Q: Work-Study?! Tell me more!
A: If you have a dream for a worker-owned business that you would like to start, but you don’t feel that you have the capacity to raise the necessary funds to participate in the Coop Academy, we have a solution for you. Green Worker Cooperatives is now accepting applications for our Work-Study Program, through which participants will exchange hours of volunteer work for a mutually-agreed upon portion of the Coop Academy tuition.
Q: What kind of experience do I need?
A: Green Worker Cooperatives has a need for a diverse group of volunteers, with experience in fields such as administration, fundraising, web design, financial consulting, photography/videography, communications, outreach, and even childcare! We also have a need for clean-up, set-up, and event staffing support. If you have a talent beyond this list, please reach out to us anyway — our needs are constantly changing, and we will work with you to set up a mutually beneficial arrangement.
Q: How do I sign up?
A: AFTER you register (link here to registration site) for the Coop Academy, simply email Ana, our Volunteer Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org, with the following information: Your name, your Coop’s name, and the specific talents/skills (see above) that you are able to offer in exchange for Coop Academy tuition. Ana will work with you to design an individual Work-Study Plan to suit your needs.
Q: I have more questions. Who can I contact?
A: Ana will be happy to take your questions and comments about our Work-Study Program. She can be reached via email at email@example.com.Because they want to do the Coop Academy, but can’t afford to pay/fundraise tuition.
Register here to help with the Winter-Spring Cycle of the Coop Academy, where green worker-owned cooperatives get their start.
Park Slope Food Coop and Timebanks NYC members earn credit for their time.
We’re looking for the following:
- Business Mentors - Experienced entrepreneurs from any industry willing to be good listeners and share their insights.
- Trainers - Experienced professionals capable of facilitating a workshop or designing a curriculum for one class.
- Service Providers - Anyone with a skill willing to provide a service for a start-up cooperative.
- Outreach Team- We would like to call people to help us do communications on a weekly basis.
- Administrative work-Those who are willing to help us inputting data and webdesign for our emerging coops.